Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Forthright Prayer for the Night.

Wrote this a while ago in deep longing--A prayer of Psalms. It's the best way to go.

Lover,
Everyone around me (except two) are in serious relationships, married, or engaged. (p.s. that's a slight exaggeration.. but at this point, not really) So I will bring every thought captive to you. I will seek after your face (Ps. 27:8). I will desire to gaze upon your beauty all the days of my life (Ps. 27:4). I will trust in your steadfast LOVE (Ps. 13:5) and be satisfied with your likeness (Ps. 17:15). I will keep my eyes ever toward you (Ps. 25:15) and sing to you a NEW song (Ps. 33:3) I will keep my tongue from evil and deceit and turn from evil and do good (Ps. 34:13). I will seek peace and pursue it (Ps. 33:14). I will delight myself in you (37:4), being still before you and waiting patiently, not fretting (Ps. 37:7). I will offer to you my broken and contrite heart (Ps. 57:17), my broken spirit will sing praise to your name--giving thanks with my whole heart (Ps. 9:1-2)--broken or not. For your love is better than life (63:3). So--my soul waits alone in silence for you, God (Ps. 62:1) trusting in you at all times, pouring out my heart before you (62:8) to be a refuge. I will shout for joy to you (66:1) and say "How awesome are your deeds--for power belongs to you, and steadfast love" (66:2). I will remember you tonight upon my bed (63:6) and earnestly seek you so that my soul itself thirsts for you, and my body faints for you (63:1), until there is NOTHING on earth I DESIRE but you (73:25)! But YOU will do this for me, because my flesh and my heart will fail--but you are the strength of my heart (73:26). So please satisfy me in the morning with your steadfast love so I can rejoice and be glad (90:14) regardless of my circumstance. I will tremble before you (96:9) and walk with integrity of heart (101:2) for you have washed me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleansed me from my sin (51:2) and promise to teach the humble your ways (25:9). For you've saved me when I was brought low (116:6) and delivered me soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling (116:8). You preserve the simple (116:6) so I will live that way. You have loosed my bonds (116:16) so I shall recount your deeds Lord (118:17) and ask you to let me not wander from your commandments (119:10). For my flesh trembles for fear of you (119:20). Do not let me occupy myself with things too great or marvelous for me (131:1), but to wait with hope (130:5) like a weaned child--quiet and calm (131:2). Where can I go from your Spirit? Your presence is always with me (139:7)! So please heal my broken heart and bind up all my wounds (147:3). I will take pleasure in you Lord, humbly (149:4), singing for joy in my bed (149:5) and DANCING to praise your name (149:3). With every breath I have, I will praise you, God (150:6).

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment