Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Oh No.

It has literally been months since I've posted on this thing. 6 months to be exact. Which doesn't really matter to others, but it does to me. It's not that I haven't been writing. I've just been...well writing, not typing. Well, for a while I'd been typing on a typewriter that I got from my sweet grandmother. I learned two things through that experience:

1.) I love typewriters. They type slower than computer keyboards and are more of a pain to delete, which forces me to think more diligently about what I'm actually writing. While at the same time, it gives me more time to creatively "flow" since the words come out quicker than writing by hand (though most writings in the past months have been via hand).
2.) I'm terrible with ordering ink. I used that typewriter daily. And then the ink ran out. I kept saying I was going to order more ink but then I couldn't find the manual that showed which kind I needed. If I could search as well as I typed though, I'd be back in typewriter heaven.

Moving on, I've decided to carefully tackle the job of re-recording the past few months by transposing writings from my journal to this blog. For the sake of clarity (mostly for myself when I look back on this in a few months) I'm titling each entry with the date it was actually written. It's kind of nice to look back over months at a time and laugh at how young my writing was. So, if I put it here on this blog, I can have it all in one place rather than 3 different journals/compilations of scrap paper. :)
This post literally has no other purpose than to state: wow it has been way too long and to continue "blogging" and pretending it's the next day. A lot has changed since the former post. And I'm excited to write about it.

The last post was September 27, 2011.
My eyes widen and my mouth puffs out air as "oh my yikes, I had no idea what was coming next" slowly escapes.
This truly has been a journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment